COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
- The types of personal information Plasdene will collect from you may include: names, contact details, telephone numbers, email addresses, and information required to open or maintain an account with Plasdene or conduct business with us, including your bank account details and credit card information, information which we are able to obtain through credit checks, and other like information.
- Some of the ways in which we collect personal information include: through orders for the purchase of our goods and services, credit checks and assessments, feedback we collect from our customers, and responses to any surveys we may conduct or research we may conduct.
- If you do not provide us with the personal information that we request, then this may impact your ability to open an account with Plasdene and your ability to acquire goods and services from Plasdene.
- In so far as is practicable we collect personal information directly from you, if a third party provides us with your personal information, then we will take reasonable steps to obtain your consent to the collection of that personal information, and inform you that we have collected that personal information and the manner in circumstances by which it was collected.
USE AND DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
- Our primary purpose for collecting and using personal information is to supply our goods and services to our customers, this includes responding to customer enquiries and maintaining and servicing our customer accounts.
- When we collect personal information from you we generally explain to you how we will use or disclose that information at the time it is collected. We will only use or disclose personal information for the purpose other than the primary purpose for which it was collected if that secondary purpose is permitted or allowed by the privacy laws, or you have consented to that use.
- You acknowledge and agree that Plasdene may provide personal information to its suppliers located outside Australia, including suppliers located in France, China, Korea, Italy, Egypt, South Africa, Portugal, Spain, the US and the UK. Although great care is taken with your personal information, and Plasdene endeavours to use reputable suppliers who are subject to similar privacy laws to those which apply in Australia, Plasdene is not responsible if a party located overseas mishandles your personal information.
- Plasdene has systems and procedures in place to keep your personal information safe and secure, as well as up to date and accurate. However, please be aware that no system is entirely secure, accordingly Plasdene cannot be held responsible for any misuse or misappropriation of your personal information or any damages or loss resulting from such activities.
- We will also disclose personal information if required to do so by law, for example, in response to a subpoena or other court process.
- Marketing and our brand are important to us. We may from time to time send you marketing or promotional materials. If you no longer wish to receive any such materials you can request they stop being sent to you by contacting us by email at: email@example.com or using the unsubscribe function in any correspondence we send to you that contains our marketing materials.
ACCESSING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
- If you want to know what personal information we hold, then you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will provide you with access to a copy of your file within a reasonable time.
- If the personal information we hold about you is inaccurate or out of date, then you can request that we amend our records. You can make such a request by contacting us at email@example.com. You can also request that we delete your personal information, if you request that we delete your personal information we will do so within a reasonable time unless we are unable to do so for legal or some other legitimate reason.
FEEDBACK, COMPLAINTS AND CONTACTING US
- Usually when a concern is raised with us or a complaint made, we will ask you to set out that concern or complaint in writing if you have not already done so. If we require further information from you to consider your complaint or request, we will ask you to provide this information. We will respond to your complaint or request within a reasonable time, and if you are dissatisfied with our response, or do not receive a response, you can contact the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner at www.oaic.gov.au.